- 'false' propaganda on GST spreading by Rahul Gandhi:Himanta Biswa Sarma
- BJP bets on new conquests in 2019 poll after losses
- BJP's 'Rath Yatra' allowed in West Bengal
- Mamata Banerjee:Miseries of global wars should be lesson for next gen
- PM Narendra Modi:Congress humiliated all democratic institutions
pinion Poll:In a reprieve for Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi, the Supreme Court on Tuesday restrained the Income Tax department from taking coercive steps against the Congress leaders in the National Herald tax reassessment case.
It, however, allowed the tax department to go ahead with the re-opening of tax re-assessment of the Gandhis for the year 2011-12.
During its hearing on November 13, the Supreme Court had fixed December 4 for final arguments on petitions filed by Congress chief Rahul Gandhi and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, challenging the Delhi High Court order refusing to give them relief in a case of re-opening of their tax assessments for 2011-12
The tax department opposed the order following which the court posted the matter for next hearing on January 8