- 'false' propaganda on GST spreading by Rahul Gandhi:Himanta Biswa Sarma
- BJP bets on new conquests in 2019 poll after losses
- BJP's 'Rath Yatra' allowed in West Bengal
- Mamata Banerjee:Miseries of global wars should be lesson for next gen
- PM Narendra Modi:Congress humiliated all democratic institutions
Opinion Poll: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Monday demanded Congress president Rahul Gandhi to apologise to the nation for “misleading” the people by spreading “lies and misinformation” on the Rafale fighter jet deal. Adityanath attacked the Congress for not accepting the apex court’s verdict and termed it as “unfortunate”.
The Congress has demanded a Joint Parliamentary Committee probe the issue.
The senior BJP leader, however, did not respond to a query on whether the Congress’ relentless campaign on the deal had any impact on the recent assembly elections in five states, where the saffron party suffered losses.
“Congress President Rahul Gandhi should apologise to the people of India … Congress tried to create misconceptions among the people by spreading lies and misinformation.