- 'false' propaganda on GST spreading by Rahul Gandhi:Himanta Biswa Sarma
- BJP bets on new conquests in 2019 poll after losses
- BJP's 'Rath Yatra' allowed in West Bengal
- Mamata Banerjee:Miseries of global wars should be lesson for next gen
- PM Narendra Modi:Congress humiliated all democratic institutions
pinion Poll: Hitting out at the Congress, Prime Minister Narendra Modi Friday said people with “big surnames” ruled the country but India could not prosper despite having the best talent and natural resources. He also alleged that poverty was not alleviated as it could hit the “vote bank” of parties in the past.
Addressing the ‘Jagran Forum’ organised by the Dainik Jagran media group, the prime minister said, “People with big surnames came to power and went but no solution could be found to problems.”
He was making an oblique reference to the Nehru-Gandhi family.Modi said the country had targets but lacked commitment and passion.“If poverty was alleviated, how would the slogan of ‘garabi hatao’ be given it would hit vote bank politics,” the prime minister said.