- 'false' propaganda on GST spreading by Rahul Gandhi:Himanta Biswa Sarma
- BJP bets on new conquests in 2019 poll after losses
- BJP's 'Rath Yatra' allowed in West Bengal
- Mamata Banerjee:Miseries of global wars should be lesson for next gen
- PM Narendra Modi:Congress humiliated all democratic institutions
Opinion Poll: BJP leader Himanta Biswa Sarma accused Rahul Gandhi of spreading false propaganda for his “petty politics”, as he attacked the Congress president for his comments on the GST and schemes for farmers announced by the Assam government.
He targeted Gandhi at a press conference after the latter’s tweets suggested that the Assam government’s schemes to give subsidy and interest subventions on loans to farmers was driven by farm loan waivers announced by Congress governments in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthana and Chhattisgarh.
Sarma, a former Congress leader and now a BJP spearhead in the North East region, mocked Gandhi over his recent claims, saying he will also seek credit for the sunlight that follows rains.