- 'false' propaganda on GST spreading by Rahul Gandhi:Himanta Biswa Sarma
- BJP bets on new conquests in 2019 poll after losses
- BJP's 'Rath Yatra' allowed in West Bengal
- Mamata Banerjee:Miseries of global wars should be lesson for next gen
- PM Narendra Modi:Congress humiliated all democratic institutions
Opinion Poll: The BJP moved the Calcutta High Court on Monday with a fresh plea, challenging the West Bengal government’s denial of permission to the party’s proposed ‘rath yatra’ in the state.
The state government had held a meeting on the ‘rath yatra’ with a three-member BJP team as per the HC’s direction, following which it informed the party on Saturday that permission could be granted for the ‘yatra’.
Representing the saffron party, lawyer Saptangshu Basu mentioned the matter before the court of Justice Tapabrata Chakraborty and sought permission to file a fresh petition.
Justice Chakraborty allowed the BJP to file the petition and asked its lawyer to serve copies of it to the state government and other respondents in the matter.
The petition is likely to be taken up for hearing on Tuesday before Justice Chakraborty’s court, Basu said.
The party had proposed to take out three ‘rath yatras’ in different parts of the state ahead of the Lok Sabha election in 2019. ..